Saturday 23 June 2012

It's the Final Countdown

We've both been humming or whistling this song over the last two days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyggY_R3jU8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

We are out of our house and in a hotel until we leave on Wednesday. Our sea container has been packed and our air shipment should be shipping out any day now. I thought it might feel more real once we got to this point, but it still doesn't. I can't really explain why either. It's all just a little surreal.

It does feel a bit like the ball that started to slowly roll down a hill in February, is now more like some sort of missile. There aren't enough hours in the day to do everything we need to do and see all the people we'd like to see. We're into the "lasts" too. Last Friday in Calgary. Last day of work. Last time driving our car. Last sleep in our house. It all makes me a bit emotional (of course!) so I keep telling myself it's only the "last" for a little while. Which helps a little, I suppose.

My last day at work was on Wednesday. It was, let's just say, emotional. No offense to anyone else, but I think I have the best group of coworkers out there. Their generosity and support over the last little while has been amazing. I really hope that when we come back in 2 years, I'll be able to work with them again because they really are the best.

My cake... Thanks Lexi!

The dog has totally picked up on the fact that things are changing, even before they came to pack the house. So the poor guy is a little out of sorts. He climbed into one of our empty suitcases as we were trying to cram all of our stuff into them and he just lay down and looked at us, as if to say "this one is just right for me". It broke my heart a little.
Doesn't it break your heart a little too?
However, we heard back that his rabies blood test came back, and he's good to go (in 4 more months), so now begins more paperwork in order to get his AQIS import permit, and arrange his stay in quarantine. Sigh. Poor little dude.

Anyways, just thought I should update all my faithful readers, or at the very least my only reader. (Hi Mom!) That being said, if you want to leave a comment, go ahead. I would love to know that there are people reading my ramblings, and now that I'm gainlessly unemployed, I have lots of time to respond!

A few of the many boxes destined to float, fly or go in storage. And the dog, who is sad.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading! That is a crazy amount of boxes! And Jasper is the cutest dog ever: those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was craziness! I wish we had taken more pictures of all the boxes, plus we missed getting a picture of our sea container which would have been cool... Oh well.

    Thanks for commenting! Gold star for you!

    ReplyDelete