Saturday 20 July 2013

Weekend at Weyba

We recently spent a weekend at Lake Weyba on the Sunshine Coast. We stayed at Lake Weyba Cottages, in a dog friendly cottage, complete with fireplace. Seeing as it is winter here, and very cold, the fireplace was a welcome addition to our weekend away. Ok, it's really not cold. At all. We lit the fire both nights, but also had every single window open in the cottage at the same time. 




There were a number of kangaroos around the property, including a few joeys, which meant we have about a zillion pictures of kangaroos. Here are a few to look at!


Wait for me Mum!
The cute version of Joey in a pouch. The not so cute version would have legs and a tail sticking out of the pouch instead of a cute joey face.
We had a few friends on our front lawn the first morning. Jasper was intrigued.
As long as Jasper stayed inside, Joey stayed outside (of mum's pouch)
But once Jasper was out on the front porch...
Now you see him...
"Get in mah belly!"
Now you don't!
"I only wanted to be friends..."
"Sorry Jaspah, my mum says no"
They weren't too concerned about me.
Maybe it was because I tried to fit in.
 The cottages are located right next to Lake Weyba, a large salt water lake. Jasper loved it, because he could go swimming. He loves to swim. Actually, I don't think "love" adequately describes how he feels about water. He's obsessed with it.

Walking to the lake.
Pretty.
Swimming's my favourite!

The Harlem Shake?

"Shake Shake Shake"
I also got a chance to play around with the macro lens on my camera a little bit. It was fun.


 Lake Weyba is close to Peregian Beach, which is a dog friendly beach.

More swimming for Jaspah!
A new favourite beach activity. Digging random holes.
Coordinating gaits.
I love the beach.
 We spent our evenings at the lake to watch the sunset.

Canoes for guests.
Quite an enjoyable evening.
Dog on a log.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment